Yeti’s first E-MTB the 160E
The legendary brand takes the big step into ebike land
32 years ago Yeti was at the forefront of the mountain bike world and our sisterzine Mountain Bike Action actually helped design one of their early race bikes. Now their stepping to the front of the line in the e-mountain bike world with their new 160E.
Yeti set out to make a bike that will be competitive at the pro Enduro World Series rounds. With 29″ wheels, and weighing in at only 50lbs it shouldn’t have a problem getting up to speed. The power plant is the Shimano EP8 with 85nm of torque.
THE PATENTED SIXFINITY REAR SUSPENSION DESIGN
• New E exclusive SixfinityTM suspension platform,
• 6-Bar linkage
• Lower link switches direction similar to
• We’re able to tune SixfinityTM to have our desired
ride characteristics while accommodating the
weight and speed that comes with a motor
• The SixfinityTM suspension layout allows for a
stiff supportive chassis for the added E-MTB mass
• First SixfinityTM platform prototype developed
Imagine that! Tomac on the cover of our sisterzine MBA.
John Tomac throwing down some style on a dropbar version of Yetis top of the line C-26 race bike.
• Boost spacing and SRAM UDH hanger
• 446mm chain stay
• Uninterrupted 31.6 seat tube offers great dropper
• Rated to Yeti DH testing standards
• Floating collet axles and pinch bolts on the linkage extend
bearing life and ensure optimal, consistent alignment
• Custom OneUp chain guide mount • MD thru XL Mainframes accommodate a standard water bottle while our “hot lap” bottle will fit in a SM frame
• Custom cable ports, captured hoses and housing and
ribbed chainstay guards provide a silent ride
• The frame ports are also configurable for clean setup
whether you run cabled, wireless or a combination for
your dropper and derailleur • “Moto” brake compatible routing (Left Rear Brake/Right Front Brake)
• Tube in tube routing in swingarm for rear brake, speed sensor and derailleur • Rear mud fender protects motor and linkage • Shock drain hole allows water and mud to drain out
• 630-Watt hour battery stock in C and T series builds
• Stock Shimano battery for hassle free worldwide support
• Semi Integrated battery provides for hassle free off the
• Remote charging port on the non-drive side
• EM-800 mode switch stock in C and T series builds
• EM-800 full color display stock in C and T series builds
• Bluetooth capable for integration with a phone or GPS
• NEW Yeti thermoplastic handlebar with integrated wiring
for hassle free use and a clean aesthetic.
• Wire management in Downtube for ease of use
• Max system weight 130KG
• ASTM 4 rating