KTM’s New Electric Pee-Wee Dirt Bike To Be Released Fall 2019
The newly developed KTM SX-E 5 is the next step in KTM’s innovative line-up. Combining class-leading knowledge in youth motorcycling with years of development work in the e-sector, the KTM SX-E 5 is based on the incredibly popular 2-stroke KTM 50 SX with a high-end chassis powered by an electric motor. The mission was clear: to create an ultra-competitive machine that is also easy to ride, even for pure beginners.The KTM SX-E 5 enjoys the advantage of zero emissions, low noise and minimal maintenance, which makes it ideal for youngsters looking to make the first step into the world of motorcycling and thanks to its dynamic design, it is ideal for the growing rider with its adjustable seat height.
The KTM PowerPack can provide more than two hours of riding for a beginner – or 25 minutes for the faster junior racers – and with its external worldwide charger, full power is restored in approximately one hour. Coming from the Ready to Race company, the KTM SX-E 5 will set a new benchmark within the electric-minicycle market in terms of performance, rideability, safety and serial standard and will be available in North American dealerships in fall 2019. For more news about the KTM 2019 model range, please visit www.ktm.com or your nearest official KTM dealer.
2019 KTM SX-E 5 Highlights
- State-of-the-art electric motor with 5 kW peak performance, featuring an extremely compact and slim design that is well suited to the smaller chassis.
- Due to its dust and waterproof layout, the air-cooled motor is wear- and maintenance-free.
- Fitted with 84 modern Lithium-Ion cells in a robust die-cast aluminum casing mounted just above the motor, the battery offers enough stored energy for more than two hours of riding for a beginner and 25 minutes for the fastest riders, depending on riding conditions.
- Adjustable seat height can be set at the standard 698 mm (completely rebounded) or it can be easily reduced in two steps to 653 mm. A Suspension Lowering Kit from the accessories line can further lower the seat height to just 556 mm.
- Easy-to-use multifunctional instrument panel allows selection between 6 different ride modes to tailor the power characteristics to any ability level.
- Quick-charging external worldwide charger supplying up to 900 W can be connected to any 110- or 230-Volt socket and plugs directly into the battery back.
- A lanyard attached between the rider’s wrist and the kill switch stops the motor when removed, or in the event of an unexpected fall by the rider.
- Ride modes can be saved by a dongle mounted under the seat to prevent young riders from changing the selected mode.
- WP XACT 35 air-sprung fork is ultra-lightweight and easily adjustable for different rider sizes and track conditions. www.ktm.com
THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS TO GET ELECTRIC BIKE ACTION
In print, from the Apple newsstand, or on your Android device, from Google.
Available from the Apple Newsstand for reading on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
For more subscription information contact (800) 767-0345
Got something on your mind? Let us know at hi-torque.com