Energica Unveils Electric Motorcycle With a 261 Mile Range!
Longest range yet for any electric motorcycle
Italian electric motorcycle manufacturer Energica, know for sexy, fast electric motorcycles, today unveiled the Experia, their new bike with a claimed range of 261 city miles and 130 highway miles.
Built from the ground up on a new platform with a new frame, steering, fairing and more, Experia offers an exciting riding experience no matter where your route takes you, with the thrills of a sportbike and the comfort of a traditional touring bike.
They claim it is their most nimble and maneuverable machine yet.
The Experia battery boasts a new internal RESS (Rechargeable Energy Storage System) geometry, adding capacity while centralizing mass. This provides a lower center of gravity to give the vehicle superior low-speed handling while still enjoying the largest battery capacity of any electric motorcycle currently on the market, at 22.5 kWh maximum that can be charged from 0-80% in just 40 minutes at a Level 3/DC Fast Charger. Riders also have the option to use Level 2 or 1 charging on the road or at home. These offerings confirm Energica as the only electric motorcycle manufacturer to offer riders all three levels of charging.
“We have focused on the real-world needs of motorcycle riders worldwide, creating an ex-novo state-of-the-art engineering platform,” said Giampiero Testoni, CTO of Energica Motor Company. “We melded high-tech electric mobility with the roaming spirit of the motorcycle traveler. The intention was to create the first electric motorcycle created specifically for long-distance bike lovers. “
“It is Energica’s intention to spread these technological innovations across a family of other electric motorcycles and additionally incorporate elements of these in Energica Inside, the recently launched business unit of Energica Motor Company S.p.A. dedicated to the development and production of powertrains, batteries and technology across numerous disciplines and applications.”
The fairing is designed to provide weather and wind protection. Their new hard-side panniers and top case offer a total capacity of 112 liters, and the Launch Edition will include bar ends and bolts in black regal, heated handgrips and alloy rims with red details.
- Range: 420 km (261 miles) City / 256 km (160 miles) Combined / 208 km (130 miles) Extra-urban
- Battery capacity: 22.5 kWh Max. / 19.6 kWh Nominal
- Charging time: 0-80% in 40 minutes with a Level 3/DC Fast charger, compatible with all levels of charging
- Peak power: 75 kW (102 HP) Sustained: 60 kW (80 HP)
- Torque: 115 Nm (85 lb. ft.)
- Top speed: Limited at 180 km/h (112 mph)
- 7 Riding Modes: Eco, Urban, Rain, Sport, plus 3 Rider Customizable Modes
- Regenerative Braking: High, Medium, Low, Off
- Traction Control: Six levels of intervention combined with the existing eABS and the Cornering Bosch 9.3 MP
- Motor: EMCE Permanent Magnet Assisted Synchronous Reluctance Motor (PMASynRM)
Experia is currently in manufacturing and is expected to be delivered to dealers in the U.S. by this fall. Ordering starts today, June 1, 2022 at all Energica stores worldwide. Price is as of this writing unannounced.