Since electric-assist mountain bikes put more strain on wheels, Hunt introduces their E_Enduro Wide e-MTB Wheelset. They started with a blank page and designed these wheels from the ground up to handle the rigors of e-mountain bike riding.
They feature a 37mm-wide 6069-T6 aluminum rim, laced with thick, triple-butted spokes to e-specific hubs. They’ve designed the E-Enduro wheel to withstand anything a rider throws at it. They developed it with Elite-level racer Oil McKenna, and tested it the same way they test their Downhill-rated wheels. The rim sidewall tapers to be 25% thicker and with up to 41% more material in the rim bed compared to their standard Enduro Wide.
The wheels are designed to handle a rider up to 264 lbs. If you ever damage them, they offer a 40% off crash replacement, and offer a 60-day ride & return period. See their site for details.
They’re available in boost/non-boost spacing, can be ordered with a mixed 29″/27.5″ set or a matched set. Rear hub can be ordered set up for Shimano/SRAM, Shimano Microspline or SRAM XD.
- Rims | 6069 T6 (490 MPa, + 69% Ultimate Tensile Strength over 6061-T6) welded construction, 37mm wide (internal), work-hardened shot-peened finish. Internal tubeless profile designed in conjunction with engineers at leading MTB tyres brands for the best tubeless seal.
- Hubs | Large body E_MTB specific hubs with heatsinks for heat dissipation. 6×1 Pawls for increased resistance to the extra torque generated. Boost (110/148 ) spacing hubs. Large double sealed cartridge bearings. Rock Shox Torque Caps available
- Spokes | 32F/36R Spoke Count, Thicker Triple Butted (2.3-1.8-2.0) PSR reinforced Pillar Spokes compared to the normal (2.2-1.6-2.0)
- Tyres | Optimised for the larger 2.5″-2.8″ tyres usually specced and suited to E-bikes,but also work very well with 2.3″-3.0″. Fit Plus size, regular or anything in-between.
- Axles | Extra thick 17mm 7075-T6 axles for increased strength and stiffness. Reducing flex in the hub also helps to increase bearing life.
- Weight | 2531/2621g 27.5″/29″